We will always treat your personal information responsibly.
1. Privacy overview
The Odysseus Unbound Foundation is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Odysseus Unbound Foundation may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 26 May 2020.
2. What we collect
If you choose to share it with us we may collect the following information:
- your name
- your contact information including your address and your email address
- demographic information such as your country of residence, postcode, preferences and interests
3. What we do with the information we gather
The Odysseus Unbound Foundation processes your personal data as a Controller as defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping, such as for donations made through this website.
- If you opt in to receive them we may periodically send newsletters containing information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
You may unsubscribe here.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We will not use your personal information for direct marketing nor will we sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may transfer your data to another country or international organisation for processing. For example, our newsletters are processed by Mailchimp, which is based in the USA, and donations are processed by Stripe, GoCardless or PayPal, which operate internationally.
Other countries may not have data protection laws as comprehensive or protective as those of your country of residence. However, we shall only transfer your information to organisations that have agreed to process data in compliance with the EU GDPR.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
For example, we never store your credit card details on our servers and all donation transactions are secured by SSL. Stripe, PayPal and GoCardless support the European Union’s new Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) requirements (effective from 14 September 2021).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added.
In general, cookies are used for purposes such as to retain user preferences or to help analyse web traffic including by providing anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. This helps us to understand how our web pages are used and to improve our website in order to tailor it to users’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
6. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites.
However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
7. Controlling your personal information
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information you may change your mind at any time. You may also request details of the personal information which we hold about you. You can do so by emailing us at [email protected] or by writing to us at our registered address: 53 Edithna Street, London, SW9 9JR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
26 May 2020
Make Your Donation
Suggested donation. Enter the amount you would like to give (minimum £10).